My planned car rentals

Airbrusher

Re: My planned car rentals

Post by Airbrusher » Wed Mar 15, 2023 11:35 am

GL0CK wrote:
Wed Mar 15, 2023 6:28 am
HERTZ OR THRIFTY (San Francisco Airport)
:geek:

Thank you very much everyone for your future answers. The reservations are already contracted, it only remains to cancel one of them and keep the other. Both reservations are almost identical: same price, same group of vehicles (Intermediate SUV), dates and insurance/coverage (PDW including underbody, windows and tires and LSI).
Welcome here in the forum @GL0CK !
Personally speaking I`d prefer Hertz. Thrifty usually is cheaper but cars are much older. Honestly speaking I don`t have any experience booking through BSP. I only know that they are ok so far. Is it your first time to rent here in US @GL0CK ?

BocaRaton

Post by BocaRaton » Wed Mar 15, 2023 11:53 am

The experiences of other users here in the forum with Hertz are not the best ones. Cars are frequently rather old , dirty and not well maintained. I suggest to book the car on a US page directly. Take Avis or Sixt @GL0CK. My opinion only.

GL0CK

Post by GL0CK » Wed Mar 15, 2023 6:25 pm

I have looked at this possibility but there are a number of reasons why it is not worth it:
- I have the feeling that the foreigners have better rates for USA in online travel agencies,
- foreigners do not carry insurance or coverage from our car insurance. In my country the insurance is made on the car and if we are in a rented car in another country our insurance does not cover us, just as they do not cover Roadside assistance, so it is necessary to hire all the coverage and insurance, which makes renting the vehicle very expensive
- Coverage that online rental agencies offer me in their reservations in a cheap pack,
- And we do not have memberships (and we cannot register in said USA memberships because we do not live in the USA)

¿Is better Avis than Hertz?

47_rolling

Post by 47_rolling » Thu Mar 16, 2023 3:47 am

GL0CK wrote:
Wed Mar 15, 2023 6:25 pm

Is better Avis than Hertz?
I always prefer Sixt compared to Avis. They have the newest fleet and affordable rates when you apply a deal.

Dodge_1

Post by Dodge_1 » Thu Mar 16, 2023 5:24 am

GL0CK wrote:
Wed Mar 15, 2023 6:25 pm
I have looked at this possibility but there are a number of reasons why it is not worth it:
- I have the feeling that the foreigners have better rates for USA in online travel agencies,
- foreigners do not carry insurance or coverage from our car insurance. In my country the insurance is made on the car and if we are in a rented car in another country our insurance does not cover us, just as they do not cover Roadside assistance, so it is necessary to hire all the coverage and insurance, which makes renting the vehicle very expensive
- Coverage that online rental agencies offer me in their reservations in a cheap pack,
- And we do not have memberships (and we cannot register in said USA memberships because we do not live in the USA)
Probably it`s cheaper to book from abroad. I don`t know. Anyway Roadside assistance can always be booked based on a daily rate which is usually not that high.

How much time in advance have you booked @GL0CK ? ;)

StarStripe

Post by StarStripe » Fri Mar 17, 2023 3:55 am

With Hertz you`ll not make anything wrong @GL0CK . That`s my experience. :D

easter.island

Post by easter.island » Wed Apr 12, 2023 4:05 am

My next rental is a Sixt booking for a guaranteed car which is a BMW 8 series convertible. ;)

Airbrusher

Post by Airbrusher » Wed Apr 12, 2023 12:00 pm

easter.island wrote:
Wed Apr 12, 2023 4:05 am
My next rental is a Sixt booking for a guaranteed car which is a BMW 8 series convertible. ;)
Great! Wish you a lot of fun with the BMW 8 series convertible :!: :D

Triton11

Post by Triton11 » Sat Apr 15, 2023 10:50 am

Today I made a CFAR booking from Sixt at Pittsburgh Intern. Airport. A Chevrolet Trailblazer would be fine with me. :D

Btw for the booking I`ve used the Sixt 20% deal page. ;) :lol:

Roadtramp

Post by Roadtramp » Sat Apr 29, 2023 5:40 am

Just booked 7 days XDAR from Sixt at Philadelphia.

Return to “My Planned Rental Cars”