Budget Mystery Car

Scotland

Re: Budget Mystery Car

Post by Scotland » Sat Jul 04, 2020 1:56 am

Lauderdalerick wrote:
Fri Jul 03, 2020 7:14 pm

Bwi airport uses shuttles but it’s a 15 minute drive to the rental car center from the terminal and it’s a longer drive from the rental car center to the terminal 20 minutes
Do they make a kind of roundtrip before you get the car?? :lol:

Lauderdalerick

Post by Lauderdalerick » Sat Jul 04, 2020 2:05 am

Scotland wrote:
Sat Jul 04, 2020 1:56 am
Lauderdalerick wrote:
Fri Jul 03, 2020 7:14 pm

Bwi airport uses shuttles but it’s a 15 minute drive to the rental car center from the terminal and it’s a longer drive from the rental car center to the terminal 20 minutes
Do they make a kind of roundtrip before you get the car?? :lol:
Yes

Scotland

Post by Scotland » Sat Jul 04, 2020 2:47 am

I think in US most of the rental car companies are located somewhere outside of the terminals. In europe most of them are integrated in the public parkings. Except at the very big airports like LHR.

Lauderdalerick

Post by Lauderdalerick » Sat Jul 04, 2020 2:51 am

Scotland wrote:
Sat Jul 04, 2020 2:47 am
I think in US most of the rental car companies are located somewhere outside of the terminals. In europe most of them are integrated in the public parkings. Except at the very big airports like LHR.
When i rented the impala in Atlanta i took a train to the rental car center but it made stops in multiple terminals as Atlanta airport is big but when i went to mexico city Mexico there were rental counters just after leaving customs and claiming your bags but the garages weren’t in the terminal but i would never drive in Mexico city it’s a beautiful city but it’s crowded and has poor signs

Scotland

Post by Scotland » Sat Jul 04, 2020 2:54 am

Lauderdalerick wrote:
Sat Jul 04, 2020 2:51 am

When i rented the impala in Atlanta i took a train to the rental car center but it made stops in multiple terminals as Atlanta airport is big but when i went to mexico city Mexico there were rental counters just after leaving customs and claiming your bags but the garages weren’t in the terminal but i would never drive in Mexico city it’s a beautiful city but it’s crowded and has poor signs
As far as I know Atlanta is one of the biggest airports of the world as far as trafic is concerned. I can imagine that traffic in Mexico City is completely chaotic. Perhaps really not to drive. :D

Lauderdalerick

Post by Lauderdalerick » Sat Jul 04, 2020 2:55 am

Scotland wrote:
Sat Jul 04, 2020 2:54 am
Lauderdalerick wrote:
Sat Jul 04, 2020 2:51 am

As far as I know Atlanta is one of the biggest airports of the world as far as trafic is concerned. I can imagine that traffic in Mexico City is completely chaotic. Perhaps really not to drive. :D
My brother who lives in Mexico city has a car there but he uses the subway more than his car

Scotland

Post by Scotland » Sat Jul 04, 2020 3:11 am

I can imagine that's much better for short distances to use the subway.

Lauderdalerick

Post by Lauderdalerick » Sat Jul 04, 2020 3:15 am

Scotland wrote:
Sat Jul 04, 2020 3:11 am
I can imagine that's much better for short distances to use the subway.
Exactly mexico city has so much traffic that you have to wake up early for example when i go to Mexico city and it’s time for me to go home i always end up booking an 8:00 am flight but because of how congested cdmx is i wake up at 4:00 am get dressed and get a taxi from my hotel to the airport but i have to bring multiple suitcases down at a time because i make lots of purchases everytime I’m in Mexico City

Scotland

Post by Scotland » Sat Jul 04, 2020 3:52 am

Can imagine. Must be an interesting city and world there. Never been in Mexico. Shopping is cheaper in Mexico than in US?

Lauderdalerick

Post by Lauderdalerick » Sat Jul 04, 2020 3:57 am

Scotland wrote:
Sat Jul 04, 2020 3:52 am
Can imagine. Must be an interesting city and world there. Never been in Mexico. Shopping is cheaper in Mexico than in US?
Yes for souvenirs i do bring food home from Mexico City but i bring vanilla chocolate and candies I don’t bring any meats or vegetables i do bring chewable candy made with fruits such as watermelon strawberry grape raspberry apples mangoes and of course blue berries i do get stopped in customs every time i get home from a trip but i always declare my food products

Return to “Budget”