Sixt Upgrades

Ceramicbrake

Sixt Upgrades

Post by Ceramicbrake » Fri Jan 10, 2020 3:48 am

Hello,

as I am planning a trip to Germany I will have the choice of various sized Sixt locations where I can rent a Sixt car.
What is your opinion where I should rent there, from a smaller or a bigger Sixt station? I would like to get a nice car like a Mercedes C-Class series however - to be honest - I hope to get something even nicer for the same price based on a FOC upgrade. At which size of stations the chances are higher?
What do you think?

Derek

Post by Derek » Fri Jan 10, 2020 4:19 am

In Germany the best option is always a big Sixt station. There the renter has a better selection of nice cars and a higher chance for an upgrade. At smaller stations there are naturally less cars available which can be rented in general.

Jimmy

Post by Jimmy » Fri Jan 10, 2020 4:53 am

Derek wrote:
Fri Jan 10, 2020 4:19 am
In Germany the best option is always a big Sixt station. There the renter has a better selection of nice cars and a higher chance for an upgrade. At smaller stations there are naturally less cars available which can be rented in general.
This is fully in line with my experinece with Sixt in Germany @Derek :)

Westgoal

Post by Westgoal » Fri Jan 10, 2020 10:10 am

Absolutely @Derek . Renting at a small station in Germany will normally not result in an uppgrade. This is of course not only valid for Sixt stations but also for other car rental comanies i.e. Avis, Hertz, etc. The bigger the station the more options will be offered to customers.

Erisee

Post by Erisee » Sat Jan 11, 2020 3:15 am

I can briefly report aboput my experience at a big station during my last trip to Germany 6 months ago. I have booked at the MUC Airport Sixt FWMR and expected BMW 3 series. What I`ve received was a Audi A4 Avant 40 TDI which was a surprising nice car btw.
First I asked for a FOC upgrade to a BMW 5 series which was refused minimum FOC. For 15 Euro per day it would have been possible however I was not interested in for this price.
The Audi A4 was equipped with winter tyres which I learned is now more or less normal practise in Germany for rented cars all over the year.

emmaava11

Post by emmaava11 » Mon Sep 28, 2020 1:45 pm

Best option is a big sixt station. The renter has better selection of nice cars and higher chance for an upgrade.
My experience with sixt in germany is very good.

Scotland

Post by Scotland » Tue Sep 29, 2020 3:19 am

emmaava11 wrote:
Mon Sep 28, 2020 1:45 pm

My experience with sixt in germany is very good.
Where have you picked up a rental car in germany @emmaava11 ?

Return to “Sixt”