Difference Hertz Dream Cars and Hertz Prestige Collection

Navi10

Difference Hertz Dream Cars and Hertz Prestige Collection

Post by Navi10 » Sat Jan 25, 2020 7:04 am

I am not aware about the difference of the Hertz Dream Cars and the Hertz Prestige Collection. Are these brands for offers only? Or are these different categories at Hertz?

Airbrusher

Post by Airbrusher » Sat Jan 25, 2020 7:09 am

According to Hertz the Hertz Prestige Collection is a product line of luxury vehicles. The Hertz Dream Cars is a program of Hertz which offers very special high performance cars like Porsche, Aston Martin, Lamborghini or Ferrari.

:D

Eldorado

Post by Eldorado » Sat Jan 25, 2020 7:14 am

The Hertz Prestige Collection is even a trademark. Under this trademark Hertz offers luxury cars with a guarantee of the model booked.

Multidriver

Post by Multidriver » Sat Jan 25, 2020 10:50 am

I think that the Hertz dream cars are an integral part of the Hertz Prestige Collection. ;)

Ricky

Post by Ricky » Sun Jan 26, 2020 2:38 am

Multidriver wrote:
Sat Jan 25, 2020 10:50 am
I think that the Hertz dream cars are an integral part of the Hertz Prestige Collection. ;)
Correct, Hertz offers cars which are promoted as dream cars and they are part of the Prestige Collection.

Flexpac

Post by Flexpac » Sun Jan 26, 2020 3:05 am

To be more clear, when you book a car out of Hertz Dream Cars you will get a guaranteed model. When you book a Prestige Collection car only your selected vehicle category out of the Prestige Collection does guarantee the category but not the model. For a guaranteed model you MUST book a Dream Car which is however not necessarily within the Prestige Collection. Example: You select and book the category XFAR then you get a Range Rover Sport. This category and exactly this model is part of the Hertz DREAM CARS fleet and therefore the Range Rover Sport is guaranteed. But XFAR is not part of the Hertz Prestige Collection. :D

Traincar

Post by Traincar » Sun Jan 26, 2020 3:22 am

Your explanation is totally right @Flexpac. Other example is that if you book a Hertz Luxury SUV out of the category LFDR which is a
Mercedes GLS-Class 450 or similar then you book a vehicle of the Hertz Prestige Collection. However Mercedes GLS-Class 450 is not part of the Hertz Dream Car fleet. Consequently despite the fact that you book a rather expensive luxury SUV at Hertz out of the Prestige Collection the Mercedes GLS-class is not guaranteed. Only the category is guaranteed. As summary it can be said that when booking a vehicle out of the Hertz Dream Car fleet the model is guaranteed. When booking a vehicle out of the Hertz Prestige Collection the model is not yet guaranteed. And when the booked vehicle is part of the Hertz Prestige Collection and in parallel categorized as a Dream Car then the model is guaranteed. Sounds complicated but it is rather clear ;) :lol:
I rent at AVIS ;)

Eldorado

Post by Eldorado » Sun Jan 26, 2020 3:37 am

Thanks a lot for this clarification ! :D

Racingteam-LAX

Post by Racingteam-LAX » Sun Jan 26, 2020 7:09 am

I think that @Traincar brought the difference to the point ;)

Traincar

Post by Traincar » Sun Jan 26, 2020 11:05 am

Racingteam-LAX wrote:
Sun Jan 26, 2020 7:09 am
I think that @Traincar brought the difference to the point ;)
Thxs! Whatever, a rental of any Hertz Dream Car I can really suggest to all car fans. You shouldn`t miss to drive such beautiful cars. :lol:
I rent at AVIS ;)

Return to “Ask Questions Hertz”