Silvercar Rental

Formula3

Silvercar Rental

Post by Formula3 » Fri Jan 17, 2020 2:56 am

I have made a Silvercar rental at DEN for the first time. The issue I see is the time I`ve needed for the transfer in DEN. It was much too long. The rental itself was ok, left a kind of premium feeling, car and prices were fine. Of course still room for improvement.

Grandpixel

Post by Grandpixel » Fri Jan 17, 2020 6:16 am

My overall impression about Silvercars is that there are usually not a very big fleet available. Especially the number of models which can be selecte is rather low. But this represents only my opinion of course.

Phantom

Post by Phantom » Sat Jan 18, 2020 5:08 am

My last Silvercar rental was at IAD. Received an Audi A6 45 TDI quattro Avant which fully fulfilled my expectation. A comfortable well designed car with a powerful and fuel efficient engine. Thanks to Silvercar.

Silvercar.jpg
Silvercar.jpg (98.91 KiB) Viewed 4538 times

Leo

Post by Leo » Wed Jan 22, 2020 4:14 am

Hi folks!

My last rental at Silvercar was not the best one. I`ve got an Audi A4 of mid 2018 which had already around 21,000 miles. I clearly expressed my dissatisfaction about the milage and age of the car. They told me that all available Audi A4 would be around 2 years old and would have minimum 20,000 miles. Such old cars I have never received at Avis or Sixt.

Tinlissy

Post by Tinlissy » Wed Jan 22, 2020 10:46 am

This sounds somehow dissapointing @Leo. I am surprised about your experince with Silvercar. Till now I thought that Silvercar as a subsidiary of Audi will provide more or less brand new cars to the rental fans. With the car manufacturer in the background this should be easily possible. Sixt advertises their new fleet not only in US but also in the rest of the world. So for my next rental I better will go to Sixt instead of Silvercar.

Diver

Post by Diver » Fri Jan 31, 2020 2:55 am

recently had my first experience with Silvercar in Newark. Picked up an Audi Q5 in Denver for a weekend. It was a great choice. It was not only more or less the same price as Hertz or Avis, but I knew in advance what I was going to get.

The Q5 itself is a fantastic automobile. Great room for 2 adults and two kids on long drives. Equipped with a panorama sunroof and satellite radio I was absolutely satisfied. The high speed stability is very impressive. It was a great weekend for all of us in that SUV.
The pickup took a little more time, but it was worth it for having such a nice car for a weekend of driving.
I can fully recommend Silvercar :lol:

Xray

Post by Xray » Fri Jan 31, 2020 11:03 am

There was in the past a so called Audi Preferred discount. I think that within Silvercar it has been changed to a new program named "Always Audi". Someone has more information about this?

Charly07

Post by Charly07 » Sat Feb 01, 2020 3:16 am

Is the Audi e-tron already part of the Silvercar fleet?

Leroy

Post by Leroy » Sat Feb 01, 2020 3:22 am

Charly07 wrote:
Sat Feb 01, 2020 3:16 am
Is the Audi e-tron already part of the Silvercar fleet?

Two weeks ago I had the opportunity to test drive the Audi e-tron. This car is nice but much too expensive compared to what it offers. As per my opinion any customer is much better served with a Tesla Model X. For me the e-tron was the attempt of Audi to have a competitor to the Jaguar I-Pace.

Derek

Post by Derek » Sat Feb 01, 2020 4:43 am

Your experience @Leroy is valid for all actual european electric cars. Also the Mercedes EQC, the Audi e-tron or the Jaguar I-Pace are all much too expensive compared to that what all these cars finally offer. Same is valid however for the Tesla as well. For me the Teslas are much too expensive for the poor production quality which they offer to customers.

Return to “Lessons Learned”