Delta rental car voucher

Lauderdalerick
Posts: 691
Joined: Sat May 02, 2020 4:41 am
Location: Fort Lauderdale fl

Delta rental car voucher

Post by Lauderdalerick » Tue Jul 07, 2020 4:31 pm

Last year while i had a connection in Atlanta ga my flight first got delayed due to incelement weather then got canceled because someone was smart enough to fly a drone near Atlanta airspace delta chose to cancel all flights until police could track the drone anyways everyone else was given a free hotel voucher but i chose the rental car because i really needed to be home so anyways i took the flight voucher and rented a 2020 impala with 6 miles and drove it from Atlanta hartsfield Jackson airport to where i live on seabreeze blvd in Fort Lauderdale. But this isn’t the first time I’ve used deltas rental car vouchers i used them last year for when my flights to and from Detroit were delayed but for my trip to Detroit i ended up with infiniti qx80 and Nissan armada as part of the voucher not my favorite vehicles

User avatar
Highlander
Posts: 58
Joined: Sat Dec 07, 2019 1:13 pm
Location: Ann Arbor

Post by Highlander » Tue Jul 07, 2020 4:45 pm

very interesting. :) Did Delta pay for this voucher?

Lauderdalerick
Posts: 691
Joined: Sat May 02, 2020 4:41 am
Location: Fort Lauderdale fl

Post by Lauderdalerick » Tue Jul 07, 2020 4:47 pm

Highlander wrote:
Tue Jul 07, 2020 4:45 pm
very interesting. :) Did Delta pay for this voucher?
Yes

User avatar
Highlander
Posts: 58
Joined: Sat Dec 07, 2019 1:13 pm
Location: Ann Arbor

Post by Highlander » Tue Jul 07, 2020 4:48 pm

were there other conditions as well? for example max. price or category.

Lauderdalerick
Posts: 691
Joined: Sat May 02, 2020 4:41 am
Location: Fort Lauderdale fl

Post by Lauderdalerick » Tue Jul 07, 2020 5:13 pm

Highlander wrote:
Tue Jul 07, 2020 4:48 pm
were there other conditions as well? for example max. price or category.
I couldn’t get bigger than full-size but the reason i had an impala was because the other vehicles were sold out

User avatar
Ferrarifan
Posts: 21
Joined: Wed Feb 12, 2020 10:04 am

Post by Ferrarifan » Wed Jul 08, 2020 1:57 am

An Impala is always a good solution. During a phase of flight cancellations all rental cars around an airport are sold out. ;)

Lauderdalerick
Posts: 691
Joined: Sat May 02, 2020 4:41 am
Location: Fort Lauderdale fl

Post by Lauderdalerick » Wed Jul 08, 2020 1:59 am

Ferrarifan wrote:
Wed Jul 08, 2020 1:57 am
An Impala is always a good solution. During a phase of flight cancellations all rental cars around an airport are sold out. ;)
But at the time i rented the impala i was the only one who took the rental car voucher everyone else took hotel vouchers overall, delta handled the situation splendidly

User avatar
Ferrarifan
Posts: 21
Joined: Wed Feb 12, 2020 10:04 am

Post by Ferrarifan » Wed Jul 08, 2020 2:12 am

Lauderdalerick wrote:
Wed Jul 08, 2020 1:59 am

But at the time i rented the impala i was the only one who took the rental car voucher everyone else took hotel vouchers overall, delta handled the situation splendidly
Ok, my experience is little different. Usually most of the passengers accept the rental car voucher when the destination can also be reached by car and flight is cancelled. :oops:

Lauderdalerick
Posts: 691
Joined: Sat May 02, 2020 4:41 am
Location: Fort Lauderdale fl

Post by Lauderdalerick » Wed Jul 08, 2020 2:28 am

Ferrarifan wrote:
Wed Jul 08, 2020 2:12 am
Lauderdalerick wrote:
Wed Jul 08, 2020 1:59 am

But at the time i rented the impala i was the only one who took the rental car voucher everyone else took hotel vouchers overall, delta handled the situation splendidly
Ok, my experience is little different. Usually most of the passengers accept the rental car voucher when the destination can also be reached by car and flight is cancelled. :oops:
But Atlanta is a huge airport I’ve only experienced delays but never cancellations until that incident when i rented the vehicle everyone was fighting over a hotel voucher and that was two days before Christmas at least delta actually knows how to handle flight cancellations unlike American Airlines which wouldn’t even give me a meal voucher and left me stranded at Charlotte airport i had to pay for a rental out of my pocket

User avatar
Ferrarifan
Posts: 21
Joined: Wed Feb 12, 2020 10:04 am

Post by Ferrarifan » Wed Jul 08, 2020 2:35 am

American would have been obliged to compensate the flight cancellation in any respect. But I know also that some airlines don`t perform in that respect.

Post Reply

Return to “Airline Rental Car Vouchers”