Car rental return outside business hours

Aston
Posts: 32
Joined: Thu Feb 13, 2020 10:29 am

Re: Car rental return outside business hours

Post by Aston » Mon Sep 28, 2020 11:42 am

Lauderdalerick wrote:
Mon Sep 28, 2020 11:09 am
My local enterprise rental car branch had a key drop box for after hour returns but lots of people took the keys out of the drop boxes and stole lots of cars
Usually these drop boxes are designed in a way that nobody can take out anything. ;)

Lauderdalerick
Posts: 671
Joined: Sat May 02, 2020 4:41 am
Location: Fort Lauderdale fl

Post by Lauderdalerick » Mon Sep 28, 2020 11:51 am

Aston wrote:
Mon Sep 28, 2020 11:42 am
Lauderdalerick wrote:
Mon Sep 28, 2020 11:09 am
My local enterprise rental car branch had a key drop box for after hour returns but lots of people took the keys out of the drop boxes and stole lots of cars
Usually these drop boxes are designed in a way that nobody can take out anything. ;)
The people at my enterprise branch didn’t trust them

User avatar
Scotland
Posts: 241
Joined: Thu Feb 13, 2020 3:21 am

Post by Scotland » Tue Sep 29, 2020 3:09 am

Lauderdalerick wrote:
Mon Sep 28, 2020 11:51 am


The people at my enterprise branch didn’t trust them
I wonder why Enterprise does not install other boxes :?:

User avatar
Airport
Posts: 111
Joined: Tue Dec 17, 2019 4:08 am

Post by Airport » Thu Oct 01, 2020 1:56 pm

Scotland wrote:
Tue Sep 29, 2020 3:09 am

I wonder why Enterprise does not install other boxes :?:
I think usually they have but not at @Lauderdalerick location

Lauderdalerick
Posts: 671
Joined: Sat May 02, 2020 4:41 am
Location: Fort Lauderdale fl

Post by Lauderdalerick » Thu Oct 01, 2020 5:33 pm

Airport wrote:
Thu Oct 01, 2020 1:56 pm
Scotland wrote:
Tue Sep 29, 2020 3:09 am

I wonder why Enterprise does not install other boxes :?:
I think usually they have but not at @Lauderdalerick location
The enterprise i rent at is in a bad neighborhood

User avatar
Scotland
Posts: 241
Joined: Thu Feb 13, 2020 3:21 am

Post by Scotland » Fri Oct 02, 2020 2:54 am

Lauderdalerick wrote:
Thu Oct 01, 2020 5:33 pm

The enterprise i rent at is in a bad neighborhood
So you mean that there are "specialists" living who have the knowledge to open such a box :?:

Lauderdalerick
Posts: 671
Joined: Sat May 02, 2020 4:41 am
Location: Fort Lauderdale fl

Post by Lauderdalerick » Fri Oct 02, 2020 6:09 am

Scotland wrote:
Fri Oct 02, 2020 2:54 am
Lauderdalerick wrote:
Thu Oct 01, 2020 5:33 pm

The enterprise i rent at is in a bad neighborhood
So you mean that there are "specialists" living who have the knowledge to open such a box :?:
Yes and that know how to break in without needing to open a box

User avatar
Scotland
Posts: 241
Joined: Thu Feb 13, 2020 3:21 am

Post by Scotland » Fri Oct 02, 2020 7:43 am

Haha, real specialists! :lol: :roll:

User avatar
Freightliner
Posts: 98
Joined: Wed Mar 04, 2020 5:44 am

Post by Freightliner » Sat Oct 03, 2020 1:37 pm

There is no 100 % protection possible. :(

Post Reply

Return to “Practical Tips for Holiday Rental Cars”