Recent Rentals

Post Reply
User avatar
Scotland
Posts: 241
Joined: Thu Feb 13, 2020 3:21 am

Re: Recent Rentals

Post by Scotland » Sun Jun 07, 2020 6:52 am

Lauderdalerick wrote:
Sun Jun 07, 2020 5:46 am

Hi I totally agree with you that driving in Asia isn’t ideal especially jakarta Indonesia for me it feels funny driving right hand drive but i get used to it I’ve only driven right hand drive in Bermuda grand cayman and Jamaica but the real test comes when i go to England because when i go to Uk i plan to drive in London Manchester leeds and poole
You`ll see that it won`t be a problem driving in UK. Will you look for a automatic transmission or will you try a manual transmission? ;)

Btw traffic in Jakarta Indonesia is a glorious mess. Not real traffic :lol:

Lauderdalerick
Posts: 671
Joined: Sat May 02, 2020 4:41 am
Location: Fort Lauderdale fl

Post by Lauderdalerick » Sun Jun 07, 2020 12:24 pm

Scotland wrote:
Sun Jun 07, 2020 6:52 am
Lauderdalerick wrote:
Sun Jun 07, 2020 5:46 am

Hi I totally agree with you that driving in Asia isn’t ideal especially jakarta Indonesia for me it feels funny driving right hand drive but i get used to it I’ve only driven right hand drive in Bermuda grand cayman and Jamaica but the real test comes when i go to England because when i go to Uk i plan to drive in London Manchester leeds and poole
You`ll see that it won`t be a problem driving in UK. Will you look for a automatic transmission or will you try a manual transmission? ;)

Btw traffic in Jakarta Indonesia is a glorious mess. Not real traffic :lol:
I like driving Manual so i will drive a manual transmission when in the uk plus I found a manual a whole lot cheaper than an automatic btw, the traffic in manila Philippines is worse than jakarta indonesia’s

User avatar
Scotland
Posts: 241
Joined: Thu Feb 13, 2020 3:21 am

Post by Scotland » Sun Jun 07, 2020 2:22 pm

Lauderdalerick wrote:
Sun Jun 07, 2020 12:24 pm

I like driving Manual so i will drive a manual transmission when in the uk plus I found a manual a whole lot cheaper than an automatic btw, the traffic in manila Philippines is worse than jakarta indonesia’s
In Europe manual transmission is standard and therefore the rental rate lower. So good choice when you are used to drive automatic. It makes more fun driving manual.

Traffic in Manila worse than Jakarta is a comparison on a very very low level :lol: :lol:

Lauderdalerick
Posts: 671
Joined: Sat May 02, 2020 4:41 am
Location: Fort Lauderdale fl

Post by Lauderdalerick » Sun Jun 07, 2020 3:05 pm

Scotland wrote:
Sun Jun 07, 2020 2:22 pm
Lauderdalerick wrote:
Sun Jun 07, 2020 12:24 pm

I like driving Manual so i will drive a manual transmission when in the uk plus I found a manual a whole lot cheaper than an automatic btw, the traffic in manila Philippines is worse than jakarta indonesia’s
In Europe manual transmission is standard and therefore the rental rate lower. So good choice when you are used to drive automatic. It makes more fun driving manual.

Traffic in Manila worse than Jakarta is a comparison on a very very low level :lol: :lol:

I know i love Manual transmission infact most of the cars I’ve rented in the carribean have a manual transmission

User avatar
Scotland
Posts: 241
Joined: Thu Feb 13, 2020 3:21 am

Post by Scotland » Sun Jun 07, 2020 4:09 pm

Lauderdalerick wrote:
Sun Jun 07, 2020 3:05 pm


I know i love Manual transmission infact most of the cars I’ve rented in the carribean have a manual transmission
Ok, then you are a pro. Welcome in UK! :D

And left hand drive will also be quite easy in UK. After 10 miles you'll be a pro in this discipline as well ;)

Lauderdalerick
Posts: 671
Joined: Sat May 02, 2020 4:41 am
Location: Fort Lauderdale fl

Post by Lauderdalerick » Sun Jun 07, 2020 4:10 pm

Scotland wrote:
Sun Jun 07, 2020 4:09 pm
Lauderdalerick wrote:
Sun Jun 07, 2020 3:05 pm


I know i love Manual transmission infact most of the cars I’ve rented in the carribean have a manual transmission
Ok, then you are a pro. Welcome in UK! :D

And left hand drive will also be quite easy in UK. After 10 miles you'll be a pro in this discipline as well ;)
Thank you

User avatar
Highlander
Posts: 58
Joined: Sat Dec 07, 2019 1:13 pm
Location: Ann Arbor

Post by Highlander » Sun Jun 07, 2020 4:29 pm

I rented a year ago in Malta (Europe) at Goldcar. There is also left-hand drive. the first time I noticed it was in the parking lot :mrgreen:
So keep cool, don't think about it @Lauderdalerick

Lauderdalerick
Posts: 671
Joined: Sat May 02, 2020 4:41 am
Location: Fort Lauderdale fl

Post by Lauderdalerick » Sun Jun 07, 2020 4:53 pm

Highlander wrote:
Sun Jun 07, 2020 4:29 pm
I rented a year ago in Malta (Europe) at Goldcar. There is also left-hand drive. the first time I noticed it was in the parking lot :mrgreen:
So keep cool, don't think about it @Lauderdalerick
Thank you

User avatar
Scotland
Posts: 241
Joined: Thu Feb 13, 2020 3:21 am

Post by Scotland » Mon Jun 08, 2020 2:11 am

Oh yeah, on the island of Malta they still drive on the left hand side. But you know that driving on this small island is very limited. The road network has a length of around 30 mile in total only :lol: :lol: But they offer lots of rental cars anyway @Route66 , @Lauderdalerick ;)

Lauderdalerick
Posts: 671
Joined: Sat May 02, 2020 4:41 am
Location: Fort Lauderdale fl

Post by Lauderdalerick » Mon Jun 08, 2020 2:12 am

Scotland wrote:
Mon Jun 08, 2020 2:11 am
Oh yeah, on the island of Malta they still drive on the left hand side. But you know that driving on this small island is very limited. The road network has a length of around 30 mile in total only :lol: :lol: But they offer lots of rental cars anyway @Route66 , @Lauderdalerick ;)
Good to know I really want to go to malta so bad

Post Reply

Return to “My Rentals”