Buying an ex rental car

Lauderdalerick
Posts: 691
Joined: Sat May 02, 2020 4:41 am
Location: Fort Lauderdale fl

Buying an ex rental car

Post by Lauderdalerick » Thu Nov 26, 2020 11:50 am

About a week ago my roommate bought a new car to replace her aging car a 2008 nissan altima she replaced it with a beautiful new 2020 Nissan altima 2.5s with 3,500 miles on it and my roommate only paid $15,500 she discovered it was an ex rental car after the dealership showed her the carfax but she’s still happy with her new car she bought from hgreg which is a chain of used car dealerships all around Florida infact you could buy a former rental car and not even know it
Here’s the link to that hgreg dealership https://www.hgreg.com/
C55C5D7F-D141-46C6-9121-F5E33BB36560.jpeg
C55C5D7F-D141-46C6-9121-F5E33BB36560.jpeg (36.79 KiB) Viewed 1116 times
That’s my roommates new altima

User avatar
Scotland
Posts: 243
Joined: Thu Feb 13, 2020 3:21 am

Post by Scotland » Thu Nov 26, 2020 1:57 pm

Interesting story @Lauderdalerick ! There is obviously no obligation to inform the buyer in advance that the car to be sold is an ex rental car. To be honest I personally wouldn't buy it.....

Btw, happy Thanksgiving!!!!

Lauderdalerick
Posts: 691
Joined: Sat May 02, 2020 4:41 am
Location: Fort Lauderdale fl

Post by Lauderdalerick » Thu Nov 26, 2020 2:13 pm

Scotland wrote:
Thu Nov 26, 2020 1:57 pm
Interesting story @Lauderdalerick ! There is obviously no obligation to inform the buyer in advance that the car to be sold is an ex rental car. To be honest I personally wouldn't buy it.....

Btw, happy Thanksgiving!!!!
Happy thanksgiving to you too

User avatar
Miamirenter
Posts: 26
Joined: Sat Dec 07, 2019 2:23 am
Location: Miami

Post by Miamirenter » Fri Nov 27, 2020 5:08 am

On the picture the ex rental car looks great. But nobody knows in detail about damaged parts i.e. suspension etc. due to mishandling of a renter. :(
Nice cars must be rented, not bought!

Larry50
Posts: 11
Joined: Mon Apr 27, 2020 1:27 pm

Post by Larry50 » Wed Dec 02, 2020 2:01 am

I would buy anything but never an ex rental car. I would see too much technical risks due to mishandling. My opinion only.

Lauderdalerick
Posts: 691
Joined: Sat May 02, 2020 4:41 am
Location: Fort Lauderdale fl

Post by Lauderdalerick » Wed Dec 02, 2020 10:03 am

Larry50 wrote:
Wed Dec 02, 2020 2:01 am
I would buy anything but never an ex rental car. I would see too much technical risks due to mishandling. My opinion only.
I agree

User avatar
Ferrarifan
Posts: 21
Joined: Wed Feb 12, 2020 10:04 am

Post by Ferrarifan » Wed Dec 02, 2020 11:09 am

Lauderdalerick wrote:
Wed Dec 02, 2020 10:03 am
Larry50 wrote:
Wed Dec 02, 2020 2:01 am
I would buy anything but never an ex rental car. I would see too much technical risks due to mishandling. My opinion only.
I agree
Same opinion guys! :D

Lauderdalerick
Posts: 691
Joined: Sat May 02, 2020 4:41 am
Location: Fort Lauderdale fl

Post by Lauderdalerick » Wed Dec 02, 2020 11:10 am

Ferrarifan wrote:
Wed Dec 02, 2020 11:09 am
Lauderdalerick wrote:
Wed Dec 02, 2020 10:03 am
Larry50 wrote:
Wed Dec 02, 2020 2:01 am
I would buy anything but never an ex rental car. I would see too much technical risks due to mishandling. My opinion only.
I agree
Same opinion guys! :D
It was my roommate that bought the altima. Alot of dealers where i live sell ex rental cars as certified pre owned

User avatar
Ferrarifan
Posts: 21
Joined: Wed Feb 12, 2020 10:04 am

Post by Ferrarifan » Wed Dec 02, 2020 11:13 am

Lauderdalerick wrote:
Wed Dec 02, 2020 11:10 am

It was my roommate that bought the altima. Alot of dealers where i live sell ex rental cars as certified pre owned
When I buy an used car the question about the history is of course mandatory. ;)

Lauderdalerick
Posts: 691
Joined: Sat May 02, 2020 4:41 am
Location: Fort Lauderdale fl

Post by Lauderdalerick » Wed Dec 02, 2020 11:13 am

Ferrarifan wrote:
Wed Dec 02, 2020 11:13 am
Lauderdalerick wrote:
Wed Dec 02, 2020 11:10 am

It was my roommate that bought the altima. Alot of dealers where i live sell ex rental cars as certified pre owned
When I buy an used car the question about the history is of course mandatory. ;)
Exactly when i buy a car I don’t trust carfax

Post Reply

Return to “Nothing Special”